- Effective June 29th, 2023: All orders placed beyond this date will be insured for lost or damaged mail that occurs during shipping, and customers will no longer be required to submit claims through USPS themselves. If your order gets lost in transit or arrives damaged, please reach out us. (Please note that photos will be require to prove damages, and you may need to ship the book back to us to qualify for a full refund.)
- Books will be shipped after release day, once the author has had a chance to sign them. This varies by author and their schedule, and we cannot guarantee shipping timelines.
- USPS will not forward media mail packages, even if you have mail forwarding in place. If your package is shipped Media Mail and is returned to us, we will be charged an additional fee just to pick up your package. If this occurs, the customer assumes responsibility for not only re-shipment, but must also reimburse Good Choice Reading for return costs. To avoid this, we once again strongly recommend you choose Priority Mail at checkout.
- IF YOUR BOOK IS DAMAGED DURING SHIPPING: We CANNOT replace your book. We do not work for the book store, but rather order through the book store to get your books signed on the author's schedule. Therefore, we do not have extra copies to exchange a damaged copy. If your book is damaged during shipping please reach out to us so we can assess for a partial or full refund. Photo evidence will be required and in some cases you may need to send the book back to us to qualify for a full refund.
-If your book needs returned to us for a refund due to shipping damages or for any other reason, Good Choice Reading IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR RETURN SHIPPING.
- Refunds are allowed up until the signing ends. All refund requests made AFTER this time frame will be denied as all books have already been ordered and preparations for the signing have begun.
- International: If your package goes unclaimed or is otherwise returned to us for any reason, an additional shipping cost is required in order to re-ship the package. No refunds will be granted as the book was ordered, signed, shipped and reached its destination. It is your responsibility to keep track of your package and claim it. Once the package leaves the United States we no longer have any control over it.
- If you order from two different signings, your order will be split and shipped separately. However, they will be then be shipped MEDIA MAIL because your payment will not cover multiple Priority Mail shipments. If you would prefer your packages all be shipped Priority Mail, you must place each order separately.
- Returns are not accepted if you have received the item you purchased. Once books are signed and personalized, we cannot return them to the store.
- Please double check to be sure you are ordering the correct book. Once the signing has ended and an order has been placed with the bookstore, we cannot change your order.
- If you think you have ordered from one of our signings but aren't sure, feel free to email us and we will check for you. We will likely not notice duplicate orders, so if you accidentally order twice, please let us know before the signing ends. Refunds will NOT be issued if you notice after the refund deadline has passed.
- If there is a pre-order incentive available with any given signing, we may need to share your shipping address with the author, publisher, or agency if they are responsible for shipping you the items. By purchasing, you are giving us permission to share your shipping address with the appropriate agency. No other information will be shared with anyone, for any reason.